I-824 Approved for a Belorussian Father
Client: An Eastern Orthodox Church in Cleveland, Ohio
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Case Type: I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
BACKGROUND: A well-run Orthodox church already retained us to secure a status for an outstanding Father. However, after the grant of the Father’s status to the church, the Father still did not receive a visa for the entry into the United States. The church desperately needed the Father. Therefore, we filed I-824 Application for Action on Approved Application or Petition to expedite the Father’s arrival in the United States.
Date of Application: December 8.1997
Date of Approval: December 8, 1997
WE HELPED OUR CLIENT prove that—
- Its Father had an approved petition, and
- Circumstances within the church and in Belarus required expedited processing.
ON THE SAME DAY OF RECEIPT, our client’s choice Father could receive visa from U.S. consulate.
CHALLENGE: Sometimes, communication between the domestic agencies and the overseas consulate (or embassies) may be discrete. That is, as to status or benefits, overseas consulates may either receive notice too late or need to be reminded again of a particular case’s urgency. We, therefore, filed this particular application to make what had been ready happen for our client.
Latest posts by Richard Herman (see all)
- Decriminalization of Marijuana and Your Immigration Status - July 25, 2017
- Immigration: Deportation and Voluntary Departure - June 1, 2017
- Conditions in Immigration Detention Facilities - May 11, 2017