L-1B Extension for a British Professional
Client: a manufacturer
Beneficiary’s Nationality: United Kingdom
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Caste Type: L-1B Extension
BACKGROUND: Having worked in the U.S. for two years, the manager’s performance obviously impressed the employer. Satisfied, our client, the employer found the manager to its liking and wished to hire the manager for two more years. Having secured the manager’s L-1B status before, We were therefore retained to extend the L-1 Status for our client’s choice manager.
Date of Application: March 15, 2007
Date of Approval: March 21, 2007
WITH OUR HELP, our client proved that this manager continued to meet all criteria for L-1B status, that he, according to federal regulation,
- Have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company (parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate, collectively referred to as qualifying organizations); and
- Currently be, or will be, doing business as an employer in the United States and in at least one other country directly or through a qualifying organization for the duration of the beneficiary’s stay in the United States as an L-1. While the business must be viable, there is no requirement that it be engaged in international trade.
- Generally have been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States; and
- Be seeking to enter the United States to provide services in a specialized knowledge capacity to a branch of the same employer or one of its qualifying organizations.
WITHIN A WEEK, the L-1B extension application was approved. Our client could employ its choice manager for two more years.
Latest posts by Richard Herman (see all)
- Decriminalization of Marijuana and Your Immigration Status - July 25, 2017
- Immigration: Deportation and Voluntary Departure - June 1, 2017
- Conditions in Immigration Detention Facilities - May 11, 2017